2017 International Creative Lawn Stripes Competition With winter now behind us, lawnmowers across the country are again coming out of hibernation ready to return lawns to their former glory. The quintessentially British striped lawn is idealised across the world and in celebration of this Allett Mowers, a leading British manufacturer of cylinder, walk behind mowers-the ultimate tool for creating perfect stripes, once again invites you to show off their own creation to find the most creative grass stripes and patterns in 2017.
The competition encourages anyone with a flair for creativity and pride in their turf to enter and compete for the title, creating the most aesthetically pleasing striped turf in the world. This year the winning entry will be judged on creativity by Allett”™s team of lawn experts with final placement decided by Jonathan Thompson, Greenkeeper at a private estate in Thirsk who won the competition last year with his entry shown top right & receiving his prize.
The winner for 2017 will again receive an Allett Kensington 17K cylinder lawnmower, along with the ALLETT Complete Lawn Care System of six interchangeable cartridges consisting of an aerator, a scarifier, a lawn brush, a dethatcher, a verticutter and a 10 ”“blade cartridge together with two cartridge stands.
The runner up will receive an Allett Liberty 35. This Lithium Ion battery powered cylinder lawnmower, launched in 2017 uses the latest advances in new technology to give you all the benefits and convenience of cordless mowing. Free from trailing or being tethered to an electric cable, it offers a greener, quieter alternative to help keep your lawn perfectly striped and in prime condition. In addition to the Liberty 35 the runner up will also receive a scarifier cartridge which can easily be interchanged with the cutting cylinder as all the 14” cartridges from the Allett Complete Lawn Care System can be.
This year to celebrate the launch the Liberty range all entrants who meet the entry conditions will be entered into a draw, the first picked from a hat at random will win a Liberty 30, smaller brother to the Liberty 35 giving everyone a chance to win.
All entries are welcome, regardless of how big or small your lawn is. We will be looking for the most creative, eye catching design that truly shows off the craftsmanship and dedication that goes into grass maintenance. That special “wow” factor.
To enter the competition simply email a photograph of your creation to email@example.com along with your full address and contact details before midnight GMT on 31 August 2017. For more information please visit www.allett.co.uk.
Contact details: Tel 01889 271503 Web: www.allett.co.uk
Terms + Conditions
1. This competition is open to all aged 18 years and over, except for employees of Allett Mowers by Turfmech Machinery Ltd, our agents, Allett Distributors & Dealers or anyone else professionally associated with the competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
3. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of any entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. To enter this competition, participants must submit their entry to
firstname.lastname@example.org together with their name, full address and contact details. Once submitted, Allett Mowers cannot accept any amends to any part of an entry.
5. All entries must be received by midnight GMT 31 August 2017.
6. All entries submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that their entry does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
7. Copyright in all entries submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants.However, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Allett Mowers by Turfmech Machinery Ltd to feature any or all of the submitted entries in any of their publications, their website and /or in any promotional material connected to this competition or future competitions. Entrants will not receive remittance for such publication, though their work may be credited.
8. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
9. The winning entry shall be judged on creativity by Allett”™s team of lawn experts with final placement decided by Jonathan Thompson, winner of last year”™s competition . The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The winning entrant shall win an Allett Kensington 17K lawnmower, with the complete Allett Lawn Care System of 6 interchangeable cartridges, comprised of an aerator, a scarifier, a lawn brush, a dethatcher, a verticutter and a 10-bladed cartridge. Two cartridge stands will also be included to conveniently store all the cartridges concerned.
The runner up shall win an Allett Liberty 35 lithium ion battery powered lawnmower, launched earlier this year together with a scarifier cartridge which can easily be interchanged with the cutting cylinder as all the 14” cartridges from the Allett Complete Lawn Care System can be.All other entrants who have met the entry conditions will be entered into a draw, the first picked out of a hat at random will win a brand new Liberty 30 lithium ion battery powered lawnmower, launched earlier this year. Giving everyone a chance to win.
11. The winner, runner -up & random lucky entrant shall be notified within three weeks of the closing date.
12. In the event of Allett Mowers being unable to contact the overall winner within three weeks of the closing date or of the winner being unable to accept their prize, Allett Mowers reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant who, in the opinion of the judges and in accordance with these terms and conditions, is the next best entry.
13. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
14. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Allett Mowers and accordingly Allett Mower”™s may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees no liability shall be attached to Allett Mowers as a result thereof.